It's that time of year again... Enjoy the Big Dance- whilst showing off your bracketology skills- by competing in the official Zoo With Roy Mammal Madness Tournament!
Follow along as traditional powers Polar Bear and Lion, upstarts Porcupine, Snow Leopard, and WCAC Conference Champion Wallaby, national media darlings Tree Frog, and potential Cinderellas Donkey and Sugar Glider battle it out, with the rest of the field, for a chance to cut down the branches!
- Seal and Sea Lion in the same regional: Pinniped Pandemonium!
- "Last Four In" (At-Large): King Cobra, Komodo Dragon, Tortoise, Zebra
- Bubbles Busted: Otter, Cheetah, Crocodile (!), Peacock
- "OTTERS ARE THE VIRGINIA TECH OF THIS BRACKET. NO RESPECT FROM THE SELECTION COMMITTEEEEEE" (meechone, via Twitter @mammalmadness)
- "Frankly, I'm surprised to see Gorilla seeded that low. I guess it lost too many out-of-paddock matchups." (Jay Bilas, ESPN)
- "Red Panda is like Butler. You never really think of them, but there they are every year." (Slate.com)
- "Do NOT rule out Giraffe. Their height is going to be very hard to match up against, and they are going to be a tough out for anyone who has to face them." (John Gonzalez, Philadelphia Inquirer)
ZWR Readers: Be sure to fill out your brackets and send them in to email@example.com. The best of the bunch will be featured on the site, and the winner will receive a spectacular prize.