By now you've all seen the video and/or gif of Ben Revere's other-worldly catch last night versus the Reds. But I think there's one really important thing no one is talking about, and that's THE PEOPLE IN THE BACKGROUND OF THIS PHOTO:
|Frank Victores-USA TODAY Sports (but I saw it on the 700 Level!!!)|
- What on earth is this lady doing? Here’s a listing of birds common to the state of Ohio. A flock of Dark-Eyed Juncos better have been flying overhead precisely at this exact moment, or she’s banned for life.
- “Bro, I got these shades for 40% off at the Sunglass Hut factory store. Only paid $179 total--not including the tax (thanks Obama)--can you believe it?”
- “Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow”
- Finally! Someone who gets it. She realizes Revere’s about to make an impossible catch and dash her hopes! Also, she probably hates her family/friends.
- The last fleeting moments of optimism...
- Focus. A strong couple. I imagine they‘ll be married for life and create a whole litter of average looking, but highly baseball obsessed, Cincinnati Reds fans. I’ll bet their kids (named Sabo, Larkin, and Marge, respectively) will be told bedtime stories about the playoff game where “the Phillies got lucky” and Jay Bruce let a “routine fly ball” drop that “totally got lost in the lights”, but how it marked the beginning of “the new golden era” of Reds baseball. They’ll conveniently leave out anecdotes pertaining to a certain right handed ace’s willful domination of said team in his first playoff start.
Pretty sure that’s three generations of lovely ladies having nearly the same exact reaction to the play at hand. GIVE THEM FRONT ROW TICKETS AND MOVE THOSE OTHER MERP DERPS BACK! Well, all except for ...
- In your face, dorkus. Fist pump this!
FYI this post is approved by Ben Revere: